Umbro unveil the latest evolution of one of the games greatest ever boots.
Following the recent launch of the Speciali 92 collection to celebrate 20 years of greatness, Umbro has released the Speciali 3 – a contemporary take on the classic Speciali football boot. With the Speciali 3 Pro, Umbro celebrates the craft, quality, authenticity and football tailoring it is known for.
The Speciali traditions of comfort and fit, delivered with style, are at the core of the Speciali 3’s design. Epitomising this is the premium soft leather upper, a constant feature of the Speciali boot. This extends around the medial midfoot for uninterrupted touch and feel of the ball, aiding fit and comfort to create a truly tailored boot.
The classic Speciali A-frame remains as an internal reinforcement holding the midfoot in place. The A-frame has been an integral part of the Speciali boot since 1992 and continues to evolve to meet modern performance needs.
The boot features Clarino, a suede grip sock that aids comfort and has much greater breathability than standard synthetic materials. Poron™ is a memory foam insert on the rear tongue, a highly durable material that doesn’t rot when wet.
Additional features of the new Speciali 3 Pro include:
- The boot is anatomically lasted to provide better support to the wearer
- Asymmetric eyestay lacing to maximise touch surface on the vamp and medial side
- A-frame shape inspired stitching helps minimise stretch in this critical lateral forefoot area
- Full grain leather used on collar and heel
- The classic Speciali twin stripes have been refreshed for 2012
- Blades have been added to the plate on the HG boot to provide added stability and traction, while keeping the conical shape for hard ground conditions
- A wider flex channel on the outsole to improve articulation, forefoot flex and toe off
- Tongue construction is a “dupalon” fused lining for a lightweight feel
The Speciali 3 Pro is designed and styled for the purist – the player who wants to look smart and play smart. The new Speciali 3 will be worn by the likes of Andy Carroll, Darren Bent, John Terry, Pepe, Michael Dawson, Michael Owen and Wilson Palacios.
Liverpool and England striker Andy Carroll said of the new Speciali 3: “I love playing in the Umbro Speciali boot – it’s become an icon of the game, worn by many great players. I like the classic style of the boot and it’s really comfortable to wear. I feel a sense of pride when stepping out on to the pitch and the Speciali 3 Pro continues the evolution of this great boot.”
The new Speciali 3 Pro will be available from January 20th and arrives initially in two great looking colourways:Pearlised White/Black/Nectarine and Black/White/Vivid Blue.